Low-Cost Vet Care
Our low-cost veterinary care is open to all dog and cat owners who seek affordable veterinary services such as:
- Wellness checks
- General preventative care
- Soft-tissue surgeries
- Pet dentals
By providing low-cost veterinary services to pets who might otherwise go without it, our veterinary clinic is preventing the birth of countless unwanted litters and reducing the flow of animals into shelters. Furthermore, our veterinary clinic helps to fund the care of the homeless animals in our Center awaiting forever homes.
Providence Animal Center is not an emergency veterinary facility. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for recommendations of emergency facilities.
If you recently adopted a pet through our Center and you’re seeking post-adoption vet care support, please call our Adoption Health Department at 610-566-1370 x228.
Providence Animal Center’s low-cost veterinary center is located at 555 Sandy Bank Road in Everybody’s Hometown of Media, PA 19063.
- Wellness Clinic location: Drive behind and to the left of the actual Adoption Center. There are four reserved parking spots in front of the Services Building for Wellness Clinic patients.
- Surgery drop off & pick up location: Lobby of our Adoption Center
Appointments are required for surgery as well as the Wellness Clinic. To schedule a spay/neuter appointment, fill out our appointment request form. To schedule a Wellness Clinic, pet dental or other soft-tissue surgery, please call 610-566-1370 x3. Our phone scheduling is voicemail-based, so you may not speak to someone upon your call, but please leave full information and within 72 business hours, a vet receptionist will return your call to confirm your appointment. Please do not leave multiple messages as it only delays our ability to return your call quickly. Please leave a phone number that you are available to answer Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM.
Download our instructions on pre-surgical and post-op care:
Providence Animal Center spays and neuters thousands of owned dogs and cats every year for families in the community. We require cats and dogs to be at least 4 months old for surgery. Proof of rabies vaccination is required (tag or certificate). If no vaccine history is present, the rabies vaccination can be administered during surgery for a fee. A physical exam is recommended for any senior pets (7 years old or older). Animals will receive a small green tattoo near the incision. Surgery is performed Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. Surgery sign-in begins promptly at 9AM and ends promptly at 9:30AM. Payment is required at the time of drop-off and may be in the form of cash, money order, credit card or debit card. Pick up is the same day; generally, your pet will be ready to go home between 4-5PM the same day. To make a spay/neuter appointment, click here.
- Cats: $50
- Alley Cat special: $100 (includes wellness exam, spay/neuter, rabies and feline distemper vaccines, dewormer and a FIV/FeLV combo test)
- Dogs under 40lbs: $90
- Dogs 40-79lbs: $110
- Dogs over 80lbs: $150
We are proud to provide low-cost Wellness Clinics Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. Our clinic offers basic prevention veterinary services and may also be able to assist with diagnosing and treating common illnesses like upper respiratory infections, worms and fleas. We do not offer euthanasia services. Appointments are required for this service and can be made by calling 610-566-1370 x3. A $40 wellness fee, which includes a wellness exam, is required. Clinic times are:
- Monday: 12-6:15PM
- Tuesday: 10AM-2:45PM
- Wednesday: 12-6:15PM
- Thursday: 9:30AM-5:45PM
- Friday: 9:30AM-4:45PM
We do not offer weekend appointments at this time. Due to limited staffing, please note that it may take up to 72 business hours for a return call. Please do not leave multiple messages as it only delays our ability to return your call quickly. Please leave a phone number that you are available to answer Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM.
PLEASE NOTE: For safety purposes, we do not permit the use of retractable leashes, prong collars and shock collars for any dog on our campus, including those visiting our low-cost Wellness Clinic.
Wellness Clinic Pricing
- Core vaccines: $15
- 3-year Rabies and DHPP/FVRCP: $20
- Lyme vaccine: $20
- Canine Influenza vaccine: $20
- Heartworm test: $25
- Lyme/Heartworm combo test: $35
- Heartworm preventative: Price varies by pet’s weight
- Flea/tick preventative: Price varies by pet’s weight
- Deworming: $10
- Fecal test: $25
- FIV/FeLV test: $35
- Microchip (lifetime registration included): $35
- Bloodwork panels: $50-100
Wellness Clinic location
Drive behind and to the left of the actual Adoption Center. There are four reserved parking spots in front of the *new* Services Building for Wellness Clinic patients.
OFFSITE VACCINATION & MICROCHIPPING CLINICS
In effort to reach the population of pet owners who cannot get to our facility, we offer low-cost offsite vaccination and microchipping clinics throughout the year. These clinics run on Tuesdays from 4-6PM unless otherwise noted. Please note, the line will be cut off 1/2 hour prior to closing. No appointment is necessary. These clinics are first come, first served. Dogs must be leashed and cats must be in carriers. We encourage pets that may be aggressive around other animals to please visit our Wellness Clinic for shots and microchipping. Offsite clinic vaccines include Dewormer, Distemper (canine and feline), Bordetella (dogs only), Lepto, Rabies, Canine flu, Feline Leukemia (cats only) and Lyme vaccine. We only offer 1-year vaccines at our offsite clinics. Prices range from $10-$20. Microchips include a lifetime registration and are $35.
Upcoming Offsite Clinics
- 2/20/18: Polished Pets: 205 W. Baltimore Ave, Lansdowne
- 2/27/18: Pet Kraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- *Saturday, 3/3/18: Beneficial Bank: 537 Baltimore Pike, Springfield, 11am-12pm *Discounts for Pit Bulls!
- *3/6/18: Tobin’s Feed and Seed: 1176 N. Middletown Rd, Media *Discounts for Pit Bulls!
- *3/13/18: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown St. Rd, Newtown Square *Discounts for Pit Bulls!
- *3/20/18: Polished Pets: 205 W. Baltimore Ave, Lansdowne *Discounts for Pit Bulls
- *3/27/18: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom- Discounts for Pit Bulls!
- 4/3/18: Animal House Groomers: 414 N Springfield Rd, Clifton Heights
- 4/10/18: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown St. Rd, Newtown Square
- 4/24/18: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- 5/1/18: PetKraze – Aston: 4439 Pennell Rd, Aston
- 5/8/18: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown St. Rd, Newtown Square
- 5/15/18: Polished Pets: 205 W. Baltimore Ave, Lansdowne
- 5/22/18: Tobin’s Feed and Seed: 1176 N. Middletown Rd, Media
- 5/29/18: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- 6/5/18: PetKraze – Aston: 4439 Pennell Rd, Aston
- 6/12/18: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown St. Rd, Newtown Square
- 6/19/18: Animal House Groomers: 414 N Springfield Rd, Clifton Heights
We offer pet dentals, which range from $200-$300. Necessary extractions are included. Call 610-566-1370 x3 to set up a dental consult. Per our organizational policy, pets must be spayed or neutered in order to receive any surgical procedure.
We offer mass removals, soft tissue and other lifesaving surgeries. Call 610-566-1370 x3 for more details. Per our organizational policy, pets must be spayed or neutered in order to receive any surgical procedure.
FIX-A-BULL & CAT SPAY DAYS
To help the breed most vulnerable to overpopulation, we offer $15 spay/neuter pricing to low-income owners of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes in Delaware County and the surrounding areas. To see if you qualify for this program, please call 610-566-1370 x3.
Cat Spay Days
In honor of the Humane Society of the United States’ national awareness day, we offer days of $15 spaying and neutering for owners of intact cats throughout and beyond our county, targeting the most in-need, urban areas multiple times a year. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and Events calendar to see when we will be offering our next Cat Spay Day. We are not able to offer these programs without specific funds devoted to them. Please help us continue to offer them by donating today!
Full payment is due at time of services. Cash, money order, credit card or debit card are accepted. No personal checks. Please note, if on the day of a scheduled spay/neuter surgery, it is determined that the scheduled dog or cat is already spayed or neutered, there is no refund.
Our ability to offer these services and keep our costs low depends on you. We are privately funded by generous individuals and businesses who believe in our important work. Please consider supporting these lifesaving services so that we may continue to offer them to the community. Help save a life by donating today!
FOR EMERGENCY CARE
Please note, we are not an emergency facility and cannot accept emergency cases. Symptoms which may be emergent include: lethargic/non-responsive/collapsing, seizures, excessive bleeding, excessive vomiting/diarrhea, hit by car, toxin ingestion, not eating or drinking. For emergency services, we recommend the following:
- In Delaware County:
- Keystone Veterinary Emergency and Referral Center located at 1200 West Chester Pike in Havertown, PA: 484-454-5412
- VCA Old Marple located at 820 W. Springfield Road, Springfield, PA: 610-328-1300
- For urgent care during business hours: VCA Wellington located at 3921 Miller Road, Newtown Square, PA: 610-886-1234
- In Chester County: West Chester Veterinary Medical Center located at 1141 West Chester Pike in West Chester, PA: 610-696-8712
- In Montgomery County: Metropolitan Veterinary Associates located at 2626 Van Buren Ave in Norristown, PA: 610-666-1050