Low-Cost Vet Care
Our low-cost veterinary care serves dog and cat owners who seek affordable veterinary services such as spay/neuter, wellness checks, general prevention care including vaccinations and microchipping and soft-tissue surgeries as well as pet dentals. By providing low-cost veterinary services to the pets that need it most, our veterinary clinic is preventing the birth of countless unwanted litters and reducing the flow of animals into shelters. Our veterinary clinic also helps to fund the care of the homeless animals in our Center awaiting forever homes. Providence Animal Center is not an emergency veterinary facility. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for recommendations of emergency facilities. Symptoms which may be emergent include: lethargic/non-responsive/collapsing, seizures, excessive bleeding, excessive vomiting/diarrhea, hit by car, toxin ingestion, not eating or drinking.
Location & Appointments
Providence Animal Center’s Wellness Clinic and Spay/Neuter Center is located at 555 Sandy Bank Road Media, PA 19063. The *new* Wellness Clinic location is now in the new building behind and to the left of the actual Adoption Center. There are four reserved spots in front of the Services Building for Wellness Clinic patients.
Appointments are required for our Wellness Clinic and our Spay/Neuter Clinic. To schedule an appointment, fill our our appointment request form or call 610-566-1370 x3. Due to limited staffing, please note it may take up to 72 business hours for a return call if you leave a message. Please do not leave multiple messages as it only delays our ability to return your call quickly. Please leave a phone number that you are available to answer Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM.
Providence Animal Center spays and neuters thousands of owned dogs and cats every year for families in the community. Appointments are required for our Spay/Neuter Center. We require cats and dogs to be at least 4 months old for surgery. Proof of rabies vaccination is required (tag or certificate). If no vaccine history is present, rabies can be administered during surgery for a fee. A physical exam is recommended for any senior pets (7 years old or older). Animals will receive a small green tattoo near the incision. Surgery is performed Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. Surgery sign-in begins promptly at 9AM and ends promptly at 9:30AM. Payment is required at the time of drop-off and may be in the form of cash, money order, credit card or debit card. Pick up is the same day; generally, your pet will be ready to go home between 4-5PM the same day. To make an appointment, click here or call 610-566-1370 x3.
- Cats: $50
- Alley Cat special: $100 (includes wellness exam, spay/neuter, rabies and feline distemper vaccines, dewormer and a FIV/FeLV combo test)
- Dogs under 40 lbs: $90
- Dogs over 40 lbs: $110
- Dogs over 100 lbs: $150
We are proud to provide low-cost Wellness Clinics Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. Appointments are required for this service and can be made by clicking here or calling 610-566-1370 x3. A $40 wellness fee, which includes a wellness exam, is required. Clinic times are:
- Monday: 12-6:45PM
- Tuesday: 10AM-3PM
- Wednesday: 9:30AM-6:45PM
- Thursday: 12-6PM
- Friday: 9:30AM-4:45PM
We do not offer weekend appointments. Due to limited staffing, please note it may take up to 72 business hours for a return call if you leave a message. Please do not leave multiple messages as it only delays our ability to return your call quickly. If you must leave a message, please leave a phone number that you are available to answer Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM. Our clinic offers basic prevention veterinary services and may also be able to assist with diagnosing and treating common illnesses like upper respiratory infections, worms and fleas. We do not offer euthanasia services.
- Core vaccines: $15
- 3-year Rabies and DHPP/FVRCP: $20
- Lyme vaccine: $20
- Canine Influenza vaccine: $20
- Heartworm test: $25
- Lyme/Heartworm combo test: $35
- Heartworm preventative: Price varies by pet’s weight
- Flea/tick preventative: Price varies by pet’s weight
- Deworming: $10
- Fecal test: $25
- FIV/FeLV test: $35
- Microchip (lifetime registration included): $35
- Bloodwork panels: $50-100
OFFSITE VACCINATION & MICROCHIPPING CLINICS
In effort to reach the population of pet owners who cannot get to our facility, we offer low-cost offsite vaccination and microchipping clinics throughout the year. These clinics run on Tuesdays from 4-6PM unless otherwise noted. Please note, the line will be cut off 1/2 hour prior to closing. No appointment is necessary. These clinics are first come, first served. Dogs must be leashed and cats must be in carriers. We encourage pets that may be aggressive around other animals to please visit our Wellness Clinic for shots and microchipping. Offsite clinic vaccines include Dewormer, Distemper (canine and feline), Bordetella (dogs only), Lepto, Rabies, Canine flu, Feline Leukemia (cats only) and Lyme vaccine. Prices range from $10-$20. Microchips include a lifetime registration and are $35.
Upcoming Offsite Clinics
- 3/21/17: Polished Pets: 205 W. Baltimore Ave, Lansdowne – 1/2 off for Pit/mixes!
- 3/28/17: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom – 1/2 off for Pit/mixes!
- 4/4/17: Trinity Presbyterian: 360 N. Oak Ave, Clifton Heights
- 4/11/17: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown Street Rd, Newtown Square
- 4/18/17: Brookhaven Municipal Gym: 2 Cambridge Rd, Brookhaven
- 4/25/17: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- 5/2/17: Petkraze – Aston: 4439 Pennell Rd, Aston
- 5/9/17: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown Street Rd, Newtown Square
- 5/16/17: Tobin’s Feed and Seed: 1176 Middletown Rd, Media
- 5/23/17: Animal House Groomers: 414 N. Springfield Rd, Clifton Heights
- 5/30/17: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- 6/6/17: Petkraze – Aston: 4439 Pennell Rd, Aston
- 6/13/17: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown Street Rd, Newtown Square
- 6/20/17: Polished Pets: 205 W. Baltimore Ave, Lansdowne
- 6/27/17: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- 7/11/17: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown Street Rd, Newtown Square
- 7/18/17: Brookhaven Municipal Gym: 2 Cambridge Rd, Brookhaven
- 7/25/17: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- 8/1/17: Petkraze – Aston: 4439 Pennell Rd, Aston
- 8/8/17: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown Street Rd, Newtown Square
- 8/22/17: Tobin’s Feed and Seed: 1176 Middletown Rd, Media
- 8/29/17: Petkraze – Ridley: 124 Morton Ave, Folsom
- 9/5/17: Petkraze – Aston: 4439 Pennell Rd, Aston
We offer $200 all-inclusive pet dental procedures. Necessary extractions included. Call 610-566-1370 x3 or schedule online to make an appointment.
Per our organizational policy, pets must be spayed or neutered in order to receive any surgical procedure.
We offer mass removals, soft tissue and other lifesaving surgeries. Per our organizational policy, pets must be spayed or neutered in order to receive any surgical procedure. Call 610-566-1370 x3 for more details.
FIX-A-BULL & CAT SPAY DAYS
To help the breed most vulnerable to overpopulation, we offer $15 spay/neuter pricing to low-income owners of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes in Delaware County and the surrounding areas. To see if you qualify for this program, please call 610-566-1370 x3.
Cat Spay Days
In honor of the Humane Society of the United States’ national awareness day, we offer days of $15 spaying and neutering for owners of intact cats throughout and beyond our county, targeting the most in-need, urban areas multiple times a year. Keep an eye on our Facebook page and Events calendar to see when we will be offering our next Cat Spay Day. We are not able to offer these programs without specific funds devoted to them. Please help us continue to offer them by donating today!
Full payment is due at time of services. Cash, money order, credit card or debit card are accepted. No personal checks. Please note, if on the day of a scheduled spay/neuter surgery, it is determined that the scheduled dog or cat is already spayed or neutered, there is no refund.
Our ability to offer these services and keep our costs low depends on you. We are privately funded by generous individuals and businesses who believe in our important work. Please consider supporting these lifesaving services so that we may continue to offer them to the community. Help save a life by donating today!
FOR EMERGENCY CARE
Please note, we are not an emergency facility and cannot accept emergency cases. For emergency services, we recommend the following:
- In Delaware County:
- Keystone Veterinary Emergency and Referral Center located at 1200 West Chester Pike in Havertown, PA: 484-454-5412
- VCA Old Marple located at 820 W. Springfield Road, Springfield, PA: 610-328-1300
- For urgent care during business hours: VCA Wellington located at 3921 Miller Road, Newtown Square, PA: 610-886-1234
- In Chester County: West Chester Veterinary Medical Center located at 1141 West Chester Pike in West Chester, PA: 610-696-8712
- In Montgomery County: Metropolitan Veterinary Associates located at 2626 Van Buren Ave in Norristown, PA: 610-666-1050
- In Philadelphia County: Keystone Veterinary Emergency and Referral Center – East located at 4026 Main Street, Philadelphia (Manayunk), PA: 267-437-2317