The holidays are the best time of year to give back to those who need it the most. Our homeless pets are always in need of ways to make their stay better while waiting for a home, or even for the pets who are not at our Center yet! If you are looking for some ways to help these sweet, orphaned pets this holiday season, here are a few great things that would help in a tremendous way.
- View our wish list here! By collecting items on this list, like food, treats, bedding and more, you’re helping us support the care of our homeless cats and dogs. We’re currently most in need of dry and wet cat food, large-sized KONGs, paper towels and gently used towels, sheets and blankets are always needed.
- You can holiday shop through Amazon Smile and select us as your charity, and we’ll receive a portion of your purchase. If you’re shopping on Amazon anyway for holiday gifts and more, why not give back while you shop?
- We also have an Amazon Wish List where we have items from Amazon we need like Adaptil and Feliway (calming) sprays to help our longtimers stay relaxed.
- We are always in need of fosters for our pets. Currently undergoing construction, the need for foster homes is at an all-time high. The more foster homes we have, the more pets in urgent need we can rescue.
- If you’re visiting our Center this holiday, check out our Giving Tree to purchase a tag that will supply our homeless pets with enrichment items like toys, puzzles, treats and more. The tree is in our lobby at our Adoption Center.
- You can adopt a pet! Giving a homeless pet a home in time for the holidays is a gift for us, you and them. Seeing that once-homeless pet find a family who loves them is a great gift, and you get the best gift of having a forever best friend.
- Monetary donations are also a great way to help if you are unable to adopt or foster a pet. When you donate to our Center, the money goes straight back to saving as many lives as possible.
There are many ways to help our organization over the holiday season, and we will be ‘furever’ grateful for your help. The animals are depending on us to save them, and we can only do that when you lend a paw.