Low-Cost Vet Care
Our low-cost veterinary care is open to all dog & cat owners who seek veterinary services such as:
SPAY/NEUTER | WELLNESS CHECKS | GENERAL PREVENTATIVE | SOFT-TISSUE SURGERIES | PET DENTALS
Providence Animal Center is not an emergency veterinary facility. Please scroll to the bottom of this page for recommendations of emergency facilities.
If you recently adopted a pet through our Center and you're seeking post-adoption vet care support, please call our Adoption Health Department at 610-566-1370 x228.
We are proud to provide low-cost Wellness Clinics Monday-Friday, excluding holidays. Our clinic offers basic prevention veterinary services and may also be able to assist with diagnosing and treating common illnesses like upper respiratory infections, worms and fleas. A $40 wellness fee, which includes a wellness exam, is required.
We do not offer weekend appointments at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: For safety purposes, we do not permit the use of retractable leashes, prong collars and shock collars for any dog on our campus, including those visiting our Wellness Clinic.
We do not offer euthanasia services.
Our low-cost veterinary center is located at 555 Sandy Bank Road, Media, PA 19063.
Location & parking:
The Wellness Clinic is on the second floor of our Services Support Building. To get to this building, drive behind and to the left of the Adoption Center. There are reserved parking spots for Wellness Clinic patients behind the Services Building. To access them, drive up the paved hill to the left of the Services Support Building. You may also access the Wellness Clinic by using the first floor door on the far right, going up the stairs and to the left. A few patient spots are available in the front of the building as well.
Appointments are required for surgery as well as the Wellness Clinic. To schedule a spay/neuter appointment, fill out our appointment request form. To schedule a Wellness Clinic, click here. For other vet services or questions, please call 610-566-1370 x3. Please leave your contact information and a vet receptionist will return your call to confirm your appointment and a receptionist will be in touch within 72 business hours to confirm your appointment. Please do not leave multiple messages as it only delays our ability to return your call quickly. Please leave a phone number that you are available to answer Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM.
Download our instructions on pre-surgical and post-op care:
Providence Animal Center spays and neuters thousands of owned dogs and cats every year for families in the community.
Surgery is performed Tuesday-Friday, excluding holidays. Surgery sign-in begins promptly at 9AM and ends promptly at 9:30AM. Payment is required at the time of drop-off and may be in the form of cash, money order, credit card or debit card. Pick up is the same day; generally, your pet will be ready to go home between 4-5PM the same day. To make a spay/neuter appointment, click here.
- Cats & dogs must be at least 4 months old for surgery.
- Proof of rabies vaccination is required (tag or certificate).
- If no vaccine history , a rabies vaccination can be administered during surgery for a fee.
- A physical exam is recommended for any senior pets (7 years old or older).
- Animals will receive a small green tattoo near the incision
OFFSITE VACCINATION & MICROCHIPPING CLINICS
In effort to reach the population of pet owners who cannot get to our facility, we offer mobile low-cost offsite vaccination and microchipping clinics throughout the year. These clinics are hosted Tuesdays from 4-6PM and the first Saturday of every month from 10AM-12PM. Please note, the line will be cut off 1/2 hour prior to closing unless otherwise noted. No appointment is necessary. These clinics are first come, first served. Dogs must be leashed and cats must be in carriers. We encourage pets that may be aggressive around other animals to please visit our Wellness Clinic for shots and microchipping. Offsite clinic vaccines include Dewormer, Distemper (canine and feline), Bordetella (dogs only), Lepto, Rabies, Canine flu, Feline Leukemia (cats only) and Lyme vaccine. We only offer 1-year vaccines at our offsite clinics. Prices range from $10-$20. Microchips include a lifetime registration and are $35. Cash and all major credit cards are accepted.
Upcoming Offsite Clinics
- Tuesday, 4/23/19: Polished Pets: 205 W. Baltimore Ave, Lansdowne
- Tuesday, 4/30/19: Pet Supplies Plus: 1300 MacDade Blvd, Woodlyn
- Saturday, 5/4/19: Pet Supplies Plus: 1300 MacDade Blvd, Woodlyn
- Tuesday, 5/7/19: Tobin's Feed & Seed: 1176 N. Middletown Rd, Media
- Tuesday, 5/14/19: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown St. Rd, Newtown Square
- Tuesday, 5/21/19: PetKraze – Aston: 4437 Pennell Rd
- Tuesday, 5/28/19: Pet Supplies Plus: 1300 MacDade Blvd, Woodlyn
- Saturday, 6/1/19: Beneficial Bank – Eddystone: 1571 Chester Pike
- Tuesday, 6/4/19: Daisy's Delights: 42 Winona Ave, Norwood
- 6/11/19: Niemeyer Corporation: 19 S. Newtown St. Rd, Newtown Square
- 6/18/19: PetKraze – Aston: 4437 Pennell Rd
- 6/25/19: Pet Supplies Plus: 1300 MacDade Blvd, Woodlyn
We offer pet dentals, which range from $250-$350. Necessary extractions are included. Call 610-566-1370 x3 to set up a dental consult. Per our organizational policy, pets must be spayed or neutered in order to receive any surgical procedure.
We offer mass removals, soft tissue and other lifesaving surgeries. Call 610-566-1370 x3 for more details. Per our organizational policy, pets must be spayed or neutered in order to receive any surgical procedure.
FIX-A-BULL & FIX-A-FELINE
To help the breed most vulnerable to overpopulation, we offer $15 spay/neuter pricing to low-income owners of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes in Delaware County and the surrounding areas. To see if you qualify for this program, please call 610-566-1370 x3.
Cat Spay Day & Fix-a-Feline
In honor of the Humane Society of the United States’ World Spay Day, annually, we offer a day of $15 spaying and neutering for owners of intact cats throughout and beyond our county, targeting the most in-need, urban areas multiple times a year. Year-round, we are proud to offer Fix-a-Feline to the owners who are most in need of altering their cat. Through this program, a $25 spay/neuter package is offered – the surgery and a Rabies vaccine. To see if you qualify for this program, please call 610-566-1370 x3. We are not able to offer these programs without specific funds devoted to them. Please help us continue to offer them by donating today!
Full payment is due at time of services. Cash, money order, credit card or debit card are accepted. No personal checks. Please note, if on the day of a scheduled spay/neuter surgery, it is determined that the scheduled dog or cat is already spayed or neutered, there is no refund.
Our ability to offer these services and keep our costs low depends on you. We are privately funded by generous individuals and businesses who believe in our important work. Please consider supporting these lifesaving services so that we may continue to offer them to the community. Help save a life by donating today!
FOR EMERGENCY CARE
Please note, we are not an emergency facility and cannot accept emergency cases. Symptoms which may be emergent include: lethargic/non-responsive/collapsing, seizures, excessive bleeding, excessive vomiting/diarrhea, hit by car, toxin ingestion, not eating or drinking. For emergency services, we recommend the following:
- In Delaware County:
- Keystone Veterinary Emergency and Referral Center located at 1200 West Chester Pike in Havertown, PA: 484-454-5412
- VCA Old Marple located at 820 W. Springfield Road, Springfield, PA: 610-328-1300
- For urgent care during business hours: VCA Wellington located at 3921 Miller Road, Newtown Square, PA: 610-886-1234
- In Chester County: West Chester Veterinary Medical Center located at 1141 West Chester Pike in West Chester, PA: 610-696-8712
- In Montgomery County: Metropolitan Veterinary Associates located at 2626 Van Buren Ave in Norristown, PA: 610-666-1050